Our daughter AnaÏs calls this 'mescargots' as in, my escargot! It's a great way to use wild mushrooms in Autumn but can be made any time of the year with Paris button mushrooms. Serve with bread to mop up all those garlicky juices.
- 8 medium bottom mushrooms
- 1/3 cup vegan butter (or dairy-free spread)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely sliced
- 6-8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 sheet nori, cut into small pieces
- sea salt to taste
- pinch black pepper
- bunch chopped parsley
- crusty bread to serve
Cut mushroom in half, then each half into 2 or 3.
Gently heat butter and oil in a pan, add shallot and garlic and warm for 30 seconds until fragrant. Ad chopped mushrooms, wine, stock, vinegar, nori pieces, salt and pepper. Simmer for approx. 20 minutes, until the liquid has reduced substantially and thickened.
Taste and season if needed. Toss plenty of parsley through the mushroom mixture and serve immediately with crusty bread. 🥖
* You can also try this dish at Grater Goods Bistro!
Explore more recipes like this, purchase The Grater Good cookbook. Hearty, delicious recipes for plant-based living.